mandag, mai 28, 2007


I did call it "random updates", didn't I? It's been a while ;-)

The Zefal kid fenders/mudguards lasted about 1 month on the bike. The front fender actually worked really well, but must have been knocked hard at some point because when I fetched my bike off the bike rack on the shuttle the fender had snapped off at the mounting point. The rear fender wasn't really long enough, and never prevented me from getting a wet stripe up my back. I had considered adding a little length of PET bottle or something, but when the front snapped off I decided to cut my losses.

In the picture you can see my new fenders, Planet Bike Freddy fenders. So far they've been on for 6 months, still going strong! There's no road spray at all, and they seem extremely sturdy. When I fold the bike, it rests on the back fender. Admittedly, I'm aware of it and put the bike down carefully, but still it is so far resisting this punishment. 2 thumbs up, much recommended!